Our Church History
In the early 1930's, the Reverend J.A. Parsons began teaching an afternoon Sunday School in an school building in Purlear, NC. On July 10, 1932, that Sunday School became Boiling Springs Baptist Church. Our first Pastor was the Reverend G.W. Sebastian, who lead our church during the early years of our church. We continued to meet in that school building for the next 25 years. In the early 1950's, our church leaders determined that we needed a new church building. So we proceed to purchase a half-acre from Susie Eller. In July of 1957, we began to worship in our current Sanctuary, which was dedicated on August 30, 1959, with many of our Pastors in attendance. On December 1, 1969 our Women's Missionary Union, which is now known as the WOM, began their many years of service to missions. Our Brotherhood was founded on November 21, 1981, with a men's breakfast. In July of 1977, we began a major renovation project that led to our educational building and fellowship hall being built. In the 2010's we have expanded our upstairs Sunday School classrooms to make more room for two of our adult Sunday School Classes. In April of 2018, our church experienced water damage from flooding inside the church. This lead to the largest renovation project since the 1970's which lead to the remodeling of our Fellowship Hall to better use the space that we have available. Over the years we have always remained a small family church, even through several years that our church struggled through some division. We have had 13 Pastors at our church, with several of them returning to our church after leaving for a period of time, like our current Pastor for example. As we continue in ministry here at Boiling Springs, we will never forget those who came before us who built the foundation of the modern Boiling Springs Baptist Church.