What we believe here at Boiling Springs!
We here at Boiling Springs have seven essential doctrines that describe our Beliefs in the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
1. The inspiration of scripture –We believe in the inspiration of Scripture. That is, the Scriptures are God-breathed (2 Timothy 3:16). This is not the same kind of inspiration as when one sees a great work of art and exclaims, "It is inspired." Instead, it affirms that God spoke through human personality so as to communicate God's very thoughts in God's very words. He did not by-pass the personality of the Biblical writer, but rather used the personality as well as the hand and pen. He did not merely dictate a letter; God spoke through His writers. "For prophecy never came by the will of man, but holy men of God spoke as they were moved by the Holy Spirit" (2 Peter 1:21).
2. The triune God – We believe that the God who created the universe and everything, who is perfect and without flaw, has reviled Himself in three persons. (Genesis 1:1, 1:26-27; Isaiah 44:6; Matthew 28:19; II Corinthians 13:14; Deuteronomy 6:4)
3. Jesus is the only way to God through salvation by grace. (Ephesians 2:8; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; 1 Timothy 2:5; John 3:16-18)
4. The Holy Spirit points only to Jesus Christ, indwells the believer after salvation for the help, comfort and guidance of the believer. The Holy Spirit seals the believer for eternity! After entering a new believer at salvation, He NEVER leaves them. (John 14:16, 14:26; 16:7-14; Acts 1:8; I Corinthians 12:4-11; I John 2:27; Romans 8:9-16, 8:26-27)
5. The Church is the body of Christ, made up of those how have been regenerated by the Holy Spirit, Christ being the Head of the Church. (Ephesians 1:23, 5:23; Colossians 1:18; Romans 12:5; I Corinthians. 12:12-13)
6. Christ will one day come back for His church. He will take all believers from all generations up in the air with Him. They will be given new bodies and go to live with the Lord forever. (Acts 1:11, 17:31; I Thessalonians 3:13, 4:14-17; I John 3:2-3; Titus 2:11-13; Matthew 25:31-46; John 5:29; Revelation 19:7, 20:15)
7. We believe in the Gospel of Grace. Grace is the way one is saved, the way a believer has peace with God and the way we live our lives. (Ephesians 2:8, Acts 20:24, Romans 5:1-21, 2 Corinthians 12:9-12, Hebrews 4:16, 2 Timothy 2:1-2, 1 John 4:19, Romans 14:17, Lamentations 3:22, Titus 2:11, Galatians 5:22-23, Hebrews 2:9)
In addition to this doctrine, we also believe in the teachings of the Baptist Faith and Message of the Southern Baptist Convention, which you will find a link to on this website. We also would love for you to check out both our Holy Bible page, which is where we have a Bible for you to look up these scriptures or in any other that you are interested in, as well as our "Fit for the S.K.Y." page, which is a wonderful evangelism tool from our Brushy Mountain Baptist Association Director of Missions Dr. Burt Wilbur.